Monday, August 6, 2012

Curiosity and Books

I finished "The Drunkard's Walk" today on my ride home. Yet, I still feel a gaping hole in my life, as though I have accomplished nothing of value. Because I have not landed robots on Mars. Do you know how much that puts your life into perspective, not landing a robot on Mars? The robot even has a verified Twitter feed!

If you are curious about Mars, start reading. Go forth, learn. Meanwhile, I need to go look for a new book.

One of my biggest complaints about e-readers is that, before, when I bought physical books, I could hand my copy to someone and say: Go, read this. I could be like a mini-library, force loaning books out that I found interesting, or having just the right resource if someone had a question.

With an e-reader, you can't do that as easily. You have to, if you even can, synch up your e-readers. Then friend each other or some such. Then loan out the book electronically. It really is frustrating. I kind of wish I could find some sort of online digital library where I could loan out books. Even then, it really isn't the same. I can't just carry it in my bag and hand it to someone.

I don't know what the answer to this is. But, it was a problem I wanted to present. Not that it is an important problem, because it does not involve putting robots on Mars. Though, I can't decide if that is more or less impressive than putting people on the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you commenting? Thank you! Please be nice; I'm lazy and would hate to actually have to moderate things.