Monday, July 23, 2012

Space and Sally Ride

According to Sally Ride's page, she died earlier today. She was the first American woman in space. Even though I am not a girl, I remember her being one of the go to figures for little girls when I was growing up as an example of women in modern science. Space has a special appeal to me, and this is kind of a bit of a punch in the gut.

Here's a nice little video from YouTube with Ride talking for about two minutes or so about her experience. Here is her bio from NASA, and here is a very basic introduction to her life. It's good that we were able to capture a lot from her life and experience; the amount of people who have been to space is so small that each of their experiences is immensely valuable to us.

So, go read a little about her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you commenting? Thank you! Please be nice; I'm lazy and would hate to actually have to moderate things.